What can a Justice of the Peace (JP) do?

  • issue search warrants
  • issue arrest warrants
  • grant bail
  • witness documents
  • witness statutory declarations
  • witness affidavits
  • witness and administer oaths and affirmations
  • certify a true copy of an original document
  • certify a person’s identity.

Commissioner for Declarations (Cdec) 

A Cdec in Queensland can do all of the above except issue search and arrest warrants or grant bail.

Search for your nearest JP or Cdec

You can access the services of a Justice of the Peace or Commissioner for Declarations at shopping centres, courts, and a variety of other locations across Queensland. See the 
Government website. 

Heritage Bank

JP duties are available by appointment only, subject to staff availability.
16 Charlotte St, Crows Nest, Qld Map